VP of Engineering
Greater NYC Area
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised $50 million from Third Kind, SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead the global technology organization through our next growth phase. Reporting to Co-Founder & CEO Peter Brodsky, this person will be responsible for building and managing a world-class engineering organization. The VP of Engineering will play a vital part in building the processes and teams that will establish Hyperscience as a leader in Enterprise Technology.
The VP Engineering will be responsible for architecting teams of highly motivated, high output engineers. With such rapid growth, this engineering leader must have strong technical, leadership and operational skills.
- Execute on the company’s product roadmap
- Establish processes and infrastructure to manage, enable, guide and scale a high performing engineering organization
- Manage a team of 45+ Engineers, Tech Leads and Directors across our offices in NYC and Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Travel to Sofia quarterly to work closely with the team and ensure a centralized and consistent engineering culture
- Create a performance-driven culture within the engineering organization
- Manage the engineering team while ensuring the company is forward thinking in core technical competencies such as scale and quality
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to Identify, hire and integrate key engineering talent at all levels as the team grows 2x over the next 2 years
- Contribute to evangelizing HyperSciences culture and product in the NYC & Sofia tech communities
- Help to drive decisions regarding technology build vs buy
- Collaborate and provide a strong point of view as a key member of the senior leadership team
- Proven experience leading the growth and development of engineering functions of teams of 35+ in a distributed environment across time zones
- Ability to hire, build and scale a world-class engineering team
- Experience working in collaboration with senior technical leadership and cross-functional executive leadership
- Ability to travel as needed to our Sofia, Bulgaria office
- Ability to navigate successfully in a rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment, ideally at a start-up or high growth technology company
- Significant experience executing exceptional results and motivating teams to deliver exceptional results
- Recognition and respect from colleagues in the broader engineering community
- Passion for building game-changing technologies and businesses with broad impact
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Read Full Job Description