VP Engineering at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our technology team in our NYC Headquarters. This role would be responsible for building the future stack of Talkspace 2.0. We are looking for someone who has experience scaling and developing an engineering team who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Manage and build diverse team of engineers who are as ambitious as they are kind
- Partner with the CTO to help lead strategy and prioritize the needs of the business
- Establish process and infrastructure to scale and guide a team of blended engineering teams across two time zones
- Execute and deliver on product roadmap
- Understand the depth of what we’re doing and where we want to go strategically and tactically
- Own and lead execution of projects through understanding technical details of modeling, architecture, subscription systems, and web/mobile systems
- Manages technical details of estimating, prioritizing, and committing to features, initiatives, and infrastructure upgrades
- Disagrees and commits (continuously move the needle forward)
- 10+ years managing Engineering teams working in ambiguous or startup environments
- 5+ years scaling tech teams
- Expert in working within existing complexity who is able to slowly, diligently, and kindly move initiatives forward
- Experience with web/mobile applications, subscription systems, modeling and building architecture
- Experience with Node.js, React, as well as relational database design, SQL, and query optimization
- Ability to be flexible while also striving for process and scale
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and be able to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs
- Communicate with kindness
- At ease with ambiguity and brings grit to get things done
- Experience in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.