VP of Engineering at Ribbon
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
Ribbon is looking for a driven engineering executive experienced in scaling early stage technical teams, who will create one of the strongest technical cultures and teams in NYC. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP Engineering (VPE) is a pivotal management position. The VPE will be an integral part of the Ribbon Home leadership team, helping to drive continued growth and product expansion.How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Help Ribbon evolve the team and architecture from 15 to 50 engineers and 100x user scale.
- Help grow Ribbon’s Engineering team and create leaders while setting the greater team up for success.
- Build upon a strong culture of best practices of technical ownership and accountability (code reviews, testing, design reviews).
- Lead by example, invest in developing the existing team, and attract top talent to Ribbon.
- Experience with a complex, transactional product e.g. a multi-sided marketplace or financial product
- Consumer tech startup expertise preferred over enterprise, or from a company that deeply values design and experience
- Experience building a 0-1 product, even if it’s a new product within a larger company
- Ideally, experience leading Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering teams on top of Engineering
- High-energy individual who is driven to succeed – by business objectives but also the mission of the organization, and via teammates and colleagues
- Strong technical chops: T-shaped - breadth of engineering knowledge with depth in specific areas, especially infrastructure and data engineering, web engineering and scaling transactional applications
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset and track record of success in a fast-paced fintech or complex, technology-enabled organization.
- Ability to attract and close senior candidates, strong existing network that is ready to follow an inspiring leader
- "Talent magnet” - has a profile and track record that also attracts engineers that have not worked with them before
- Experience creating an inclusive team culture and a diverse team to surface the best talent and ideas
- FinTech/Real Estate are nice to haves but not required. A lightning fast ability to learn a new domain is more important.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.