Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
We are seeking a VP of Engineering who will provide strategic technical guidance and people development for our Engineering teams, with a focus on simplicity, scalability, problem solving and successful delivery from our local teams in New York, Reading, England and remote locations. Proven success across all levels of engineering is required as well as credibility to influence among peers in Product, Marketing, Customer Experience as well as with company Executives & Founders.
What you’ll do:
- Guide engineering teams to improve and consistently deliver software within each Operating Unit, Tech Chapter & Tech Platform team
- Ensure the team can make sustainable technical and architectural decisions with minimal bottlenecks
- Builds and fosters a culture of “engineering excellence” and accountability
- Key partner and cross-functional leader to other departments within Stash
- Customer Experience
- Direct and work with engineering teams to solve a class of problems highly technical in nature
- Code and code patterns
- Scale and Security
- Support leaders and their teams, who are using these technologies: iOS, Android, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Rails, Scala, React JS, AWS, PostgreSQL, Kafka
- Recruit world-class engineering talent
- Ensure technical and career growth opportunities for team members
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of success in designing and building scalable engineering teams (100+)
- 10+ years developing enterprise SaaS and mobile solutions
- Commitment and alignment with the value/goals of what we’re building for customers
- Highly proficient technical knowledge of current tools and best practices at scale
- Cloud services/infrastructure
- An entrepreneurial and mission focused mindset
- A proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in tandem with other functions including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, and Leadership.
- Data focussed in all aspects of work from modeling and detection through to reporting
- Strong communication skills to effectively and transparently communicate and mobilize all levels and functions of Stash.
- 360 view and understanding of product development lifecycle and customer experience
- Player-coach who can jump in and do and ignite the team around an effort and release
- Personable, approachable, professional and inclusive
- Security focused with a view of security embedded in the SDLC and each release
- Familiarity with financial security and privacy issues, as well as regulatory frameworks in the banking and financial services industry is a plus
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.