Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps solve the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand and manage the cost of their care.
Cedar’s technical and team needs have evolved in a positive way during our company’s recent growth. We’re seeking a VP of Engineering to help scale our Engineering organization and accelerate Cedar’s progress toward our vision. As VP of Engineering this individual will lead by example, invest in developing our existing team and help to attract and retain top talent at Cedar.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
- Along with Cedar’s CTO and other leaders, develop and guide the implementation of Cedar’s Engineering strategy, and team design
- Apply superior technology skills to help the Engineering team unblock and execute at an extremely high level
- Manage and continue to develop the Engineering Managers and Directors, who oversee multiple teams of high-performing engineers, and support them in the delivery process of Cedar’s products
- Partner with Cedar’s People Team and company leadership on candidate recruitment and hiring
- Continue to build and maintain the strong lines of communication between Engineering, Product, Product Design and Data Science teams
- Represent Engineering at the company level through cross functional collaboration between Cedar’s Technology and Commercial teams
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgment, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead engineering teams; has a track record of success working with Product and Leadership teams to push development forward
- Excellent manager of managers with the ability to mentor and grow senior engineers and engineering managers
- 10+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor, then transitioning to senior management roles
- Experience scaling engineering teams and infrastructure at a fast-growing startup
- Ability to set a high bar for engineering efforts across teams and disallow mediocrity in development efforts.
- Ability to review code to determine quality and areas for improvement
- Ability and willingness to drive the day to day operations of an engineering organization
- Experience fostering an environment of innovation and promoting engineering best practices across teams
- Ability to engage on architectural discussions and determine tradeoffs and drive discussion towards decisions
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for VP of Engineering who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa.