Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
This role will report to the Co-founder & CPO of Paxful and will be responsible for day-to-day software delivery, working with the product team to ensure that what we commit to gets done. They will push our team to constantly expand our ability to deliver and build a great engineering culture. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the VP of Engineering will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, and building of the Paxful engineering brand, and promote our engineering values
- Set expectations, drive engineering initiatives, and support efficient resource allocation across the org
- Prioritize deliverables and follow through on our commitments
- Collaborate with executive leadership across Product, Growth, Marketing, Compliance, and Customer Experience to define Paxful's future roadmap
Who You Are
- You ensure the teams success by removing roadblocks, addressing conflict, and instilling software engineering and quality best practices
- You lead, motivate, and coach multiple engineering directors to deliver high-quality software and be held accountable for their team's performance
- You're an expert at building a product-focused engineering team that understands the importance of product ownership, accountability, quality, and continuous improvement
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of experience managing engineering teams with 5+ years of managing multiple managers / teams; experience leading large (100 person) globally distributed engineering teams
- Expert at defining and manage all engineering processes, people, and mentoring others to ship the best products in a FinTech company
- Have an agile mindset focused on fast delivery with high quality standards, while ensuring all stakeholders' needs are accounted for, especially Compliance
- Performance management expertise, managing departmental budgets and recruitment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, familiar and comfortable working with Eastern European engineering culture
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.