Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...You are:
- An entrepreneurial mind with agility. We’re a young company, and things get chaotic. This should excite you, not frustrate you.
- A technical leader and people manager with experience leading and growing high-performing teams with an interest in revolutionizing the real estate and renting space as we know it
- Highly organized that works well under hard deadlines, but also cares about the personal growth of the team
- Passion and determination for solving problems through collaboration with excellent analytic skills and a very strong ability to think strategically
- 6-7+ years of professional experience in software development and 5+ years in engineering leadership
- Managed 20+ engineers and scaled the engineering team from 20 to over 50+ engineers
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills with an ability to run, expand, and retain the team
- Leverage your engineering expertise and leadership skills to inspire others, provide guidance, and grow a high-performing engineering team.
- Ensure an excellent customer experience, raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Take the larger company vision and translate it into strategies and plans including trade-offs required to realize the vision.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Work cross-functionally with across the organization on strategy to meet business goals
- Work with the executive team on roadmap planning and delivery schedules
- Instill a culture of urgency while not sacrificing quality and customer satisfaction
- Manage, recruit, and retain top-level talent
- Mentor, grow, and run the daily operations of the engineering team
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member