VP, Hardware Engineering
Latch is looking for an experienced VP, Hardware Engineering to lead the development, launch, ramp, and sustaining of our smart access products. The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer with an appreciation for the creativity and focus required to solve over-constrained problems, who has adapted those skills to succeed in leading teams throughout all phases of product development. This role will be building out the cross-functional departments of electrical and mechanical engineering across three offices. The role is based in our New York headquarters, but includes responsibility for building out dedicated hardware teams in our San Francisco and Taipei offices. This role reports into the SVP of Engineering.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, MS/PhD preferred
- 12+ years in product design, electronics, and/or building hardware
- Lead design or manufacturing engineer on at least 3 products
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- Great foundation in EE or ME, with a passion for mentorship and fostering innovation.
- Experience managing contract manufacturing resources overseas, with experience qualifying electronics alternative sources a huge plus.
- DFM knowledge for manufacturing processes involving mid to high volume production
- Statistical experience with Cpk, SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE.
- Experience with hardware reliability and product quality
- Track record of justifying design changes and authoring high quality engineering requirements and specifications
- Proven leader with excellent written and verbal skills, ability to present ideas clearly across the organization and overseas
- Experience managing a product lifecycle post-MP, as well as overseeing PLM.
- Proven experience in building organizations through team building, resource planning, identifying engineering tools, and a strong understanding of engineering operations
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.