VP, Platform at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a VP of Platform to establish a vision, mission, and strategy for the growing Platform Engineering Organization. This candidate will be leading the SRE, Infrastructure, and Performance teams. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, and should be eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team.
- Establish vision, mission, and strategy for the platform engineering team.
- Act as the business owner for the platform team and lead the team with a focus on business value and continuously obsess over operational metrics and strategic KPIs.
- Build and own platform business operations with an eye towards cost engineering, vendor management, and drive key build vs buy decisions for platform services.
- Own and execute on platform’s strategic road map to drive reliability, security, and developer efficiency for all software and application development teams in Peloton.
- Establish and lead Peloton’s micro-services architecture working group to drive excellence for Peloton’s micro-services initiative and execute on transforming Peloton’s core application into services.
- Identity & access management service, cloud infrastructure, data storage service, observability tooling, logging, and test infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the cyber security team to ensure Peloton’s cloud infrastructure is meeting key operational security metrics.
- Continuously improve engineering processes and maintain collaboration between platform team and other development teams.
- Develop and own the cost engineering philosophy and collaborate across development teams to drive continuous cost improvements.
- 10-15+ years in a leadership/management capacity around cloud infrastructure, software development on top of cloud infrastructure, and running cloud operations.
- Technology leader with experience attracting senior technical and product talents.
- Experience partnering with business and product teams to architect and strategize technology and cloud platform road map
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven business results in mind.
- Experience setting long term vision and strategy with ability to establish department-wide goals.
- Clear and persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses and data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension.
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile at scale.
At Peloton, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Peloton is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.