VP of Product Software Engineering at Peloton
The VP of Software Engineering is responsible for Peloton’s application layer and cloud software services powering Connected Fitness devices, Digital apps, and partner integrations. This includes ownership over the technical definition, architecture and quality assurance for new software product development and scaling & sustaining activities. This VP will be responsible for continuing to evolve the Peloton software stack and development process working closely with counterparts in Hardware Development, Product Management, and Design while scaling the team to meet the challenges of Peloton’s continued, rapid growth.
A successful VP of Software Engineering should have a deep understanding of consumer software products released across a variety of consumer platforms including mobile, TV, Web, and integrated devices. Additionally, this VP must possess strong knowledge of complex private and public API services – the backbone of Peloton’s consumer experience. Peloton is looking for a seasoned software engineering veteran who has scaled effective development teams with an understanding of user-centered approaches to problem-solving and development process management. As an executive leader at Peloton, a successful VP of Product Software Engineering must have expertise leading and growing cohesive teams capable of building and maintaining large-scale, performant consumer applications and services.
- Mentor and grow the Product Software Engineering team responsible for application development, Peloton’s API infrastructure, machine learning, and other cloud services
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to deliver new product features across all Peloton consumer platforms including mobile (iOS, Android, React Native), various TV platforms, the Web, and application software running on Peloton’s connected devices
- Ensure Peloton’s quality assurance infrastructure can scale to meet the breadth of development activity that is fueling the business's explosive growth
- Create an innovative engineering culture of technology innovation and excellence, characterized as highly collaborative, execution-focused, members first, high velocity and best in class.
- Coach and provide guidance to senior engineering leaders on management and technical tracks for a growing team of more than 100 engineers.
- 15+ years experience leading consumer-centric software development teams
- Public and private API productization
- Multi-client distribution
- Deep experience with cloud technologies, SOA architectures and agile development practices with an extensive track record of driving innovation and results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading a high growth tech organization, totaling 100+ engineers.
- R&D budget and resource management
- A track record of of building high-performing teams;,attracting, developing, and retaining the best engineering talent.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.