2. Lead Architecture & development of REST based Content Entitlement services that are consumed by a cross-section of consumer devices – iOS, TvOS, Android, Roku, PlayStation, HTC, Oculus, Google Daydream etc. – as well as websites and 3rd parties.
3. Envision & lead development of frameworks, libraries & documentation that facilitate rapid development & reuse.
4. Ensure Five 9’s availability of all services – infrastructure, streaming and software.
5. Integrate ad solutions (VPAID, VAST) and strive to innovate new formats (targeted - Contextual & personal) & techniques (server side ad insertion, dynamic ad replacement) to ensure content monetization.
6. Provide Level of Effort (LOE) for organic solutions & undertake diligence of 3rd party products / services.
7. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that drive velocity, adaptability & revenue.
8. Help build, lead & mentor great software teams to deliver world-class consumer products.
9. Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
* You measure success in terms of performance & scale of your engineering solutions and not your team size and budget.
* You strive in a culture of innovation - willing to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
* You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* 10+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.
* Expertise in problem solving and analysing global scale distributed systems.
* Working knowledge of caching technologies and patterns (e.g., Memcache, Redis, CDNs) and other related application scaling techniques.
* Knowledge of Video compression, packaging and streaming technologies.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States.