At HUMAN, we are all about knowing who’s real. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of over ten trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
Our Threat Intel team is responsible for proactively identifying new threats. Our team discovers, identifies, and explores bots, making attribution to software, malware, and actors. We predict new threats and anticipate new defenses. We search the open and dark internet to find actors and services that may pertain to bot or not. We imagine and prototype new capabilities that HUMAN comes to use at scale. We enable researchers to work in-depth and safely when probing the web’s dark corners.About the role:
You will play a pivotal role in the future of our company by defining the vision, strategy, and operations of the team. You will create a differentiated Threat Intelligence program that builds on our unique data and SaaS assets. Our VP of Threat Intelligence will be responsible for growing our Professional Services capabilities, supporting strategic accounts with critical insights, supporting our detection capabilities and creating ways to actively disrupt fraudulent operations. You will lead a team of highly skilled hackers and investigators with the goal of protecting our customers and keeping the Internet human.What you will do:
- Leadership. Lead and grow a team of investigators and hackers. Own and evolve the vision for a high-impact threat intelligence organization. Oversee recruiting, training, and development of threat intel staff. Negotiate priorities and execution across cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Data Scientists, and Professional Services), working with engineering, product, legal, and communications
- Gather knowledge. Stay abreast of cybersecurity trends and events related to our mission. Have a robust and diverse professional network. Direct the development of novel methods to track malware, botnets, and actors. Assess effectiveness and accuracy of new data feeds and data gathering techniques.
- Guide a team that makes discoveries: Find the perpetrators of fraud. See if you can figure out who is doing it, document adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures. Investigating applications of uncertain maliciousness on multiple types of Operating Systems. Understand customer-specific requirements and impact and perform fast and effective ad hoc investigations for customers. Explore and characterize traffic anomalies. Collaborate with data science and machine learning teams driving scaled, efficient threat detection and analysis.
- Take action: Share knowledge internally, leading to superior automated detection. Share externally through case studies and white papers on bot detection, supporting marketing, public awareness, and customer education. Develop techniques and technology to accelerate threat intel, scale our response, and empower partner teams. Gather evidence and make referrals to law enforcement. Coordinate take-downs and prosecution of bad actors.
- Develop a business : Establish and run a professional services team to help our customers fight fraud. Use our proprietary data and capabilities to drive collective protection and private disruptions.
- Be an evangelist: participate in webinars, conferences, and write blog posts to drive awareness of the program.
- You have led security teams in multiple organizations and have been successful at creating thriving security team cultures in different environments.
- You are practiced and polished at the management challenges of team growth and transformation, and proficient at growing organization leaders.
- You have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better and faster.
- You lead teams looking for innovative ways to solve complex problems, through meticulous experimentation.
- You are open, transparent, and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about learning and growing your skillset.
- You have the ability, and more importantly, the passion to teach, coach, and mentor individuals and contribute frequently to educate the greater community.
Desirable, but not required
- You have stood up multiple successful Threat Intelligence teams.
- You have run professional services organizations.
- Your background includes using technical skills to investigate compromises and analyze desktop or mobile applications.
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have locations in NYC, DC, Victoria, London, and Buenos Aires.