YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About the Role
We believe technology should solve real world problems hence you will be part of a small engineering team who is building the world’s most robust lending platform to connect Investors with borrowers. You are a self-motivated hacker and tinkerer that can wear many hats and is excited to build business applications that drive revenue and delight our customers. You are entrepreneurial in nature and balance between building the coolest product using the bleeding edge technology with an eye on go to market timing. You are obsessed with creating beautiful and delightful user experiences. You have a strong sense of ownership and have excellent communication skills.
What you’ll do
- Build and ship robust web interfaces that work flawlessly across all major browsers and platforms
- Develop and maintain JS/CSS libraries and components for reuse throughout our site
- Work with the rest of the development team to integrate front-end code with Java Play back-end
- Build proof of concepts and functional prototypes for new features
- Build innovative and elegant ways to visualize portfolio performance and composition for investors
- Design and build creative learning tools to educate potential investors
- Building email templates and landing pages for marketing campaigns
- 1 year of web development experience, preferably in startups
- You must have experience developing and releasing production-ready commercial products (not just side projects or coding school experience)
- Experience debugging cross browser nuances and optimizing for scale
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and version control (Git)
- Experience building functional email templates that work on major email clients
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of one or more of Bootstrap, React, Angular, Vue
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience with or basic understanding of back-end development
- Experience developing mobile responsive websites
- UX design experience (wireframes, user journeys, information architecture)
- Experience in building marketplaces, financial services & technology
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!