Who We Are:
Something Navy is a lifestyle media and Direct to Consumer brand. Initiated in 2009 as a style destination by Arielle Charnas, Something Navy is a digitally native, social media first brand with a mission to curate recommendations and create product worthy of your time, attention, and wallets. Born from the belief that we can be whatever we want, and still be ourselves, Something Navy features fashion forward classics and elevated everyday pieces that leave you feeling unapologetically you.
Having the right people is the key to being successful here. We value and mentor each member of our growing team. Something Navy searches for talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the brand and thrive in a flexible and changing work environment and can adapt to anything. Our team of innovators have enabled us to continue to grow and expand. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering our employees to be independent and creative in whatever they do to achieve success.
What You Will Do:
We are looking to hire a new Web Developer with experience in the Shopify Plus platform. You will collaborate with Visual Designers, UX/UI Designers, and Ecommerce strategists to execute new features, enhance existing ones while establishing and reinforcing consistency across platforms. You will be expected to understand customer insights, information flows and turn them into meaningful experiences and intuitive interfaces.
- Maintain Shopify Plus platform for Something Navy.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) designs.
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications, user interfaces, including bootstrapping, interface components (functionality, styling, interactions, error handling, logging)
- Coordinate development efforts with internal teams and external teams
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability while ensuring application security
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ensure accessible/ADA compliant design and functionality
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Catalog and product metadata management - detail-oriented individual who understands or can learn the principles of managing a large product catalog and product-specific metadata
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent industry experience required
- 4+ years professional web development experience required
- 2+ years Shopify theme development experience required
- Strong Shopify development experience, including proficiency with Liquid template language, building and maintaining custom themes, and implementing 3rd party integrations required
- Proficient understanding of Git required
- Experience with asynchronous request handling methodologies using AJAX or Fetch API required
- Knowledge and experience debugging using developer tools across Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge browsers required
- Experience with mobile development and/or mobile-first responsive design a plus
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices is a plus
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools is a plus
- Familiarity with popular development tools (npm, Gulp, Webpack, Slate, etc) is a plus