Web Developer at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
DigitalOcean has one of the world’s largest communities around the developer experience and education, and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOcean’s community inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are looking for a Web Developer with a focus on producing pixel-perfect, performant web experiences in the form of React-based websites and applications.
The Web Developer role includes using various front-end technologies to develop, deploy, and maintain high traffic websites and applications. Our in-house team caters to user experience, sound design and functionality, in-browser performance, and achieving tangible business goals collaborating with designers, product managers, and analysts through first-class design and data-driven decision making.What you’ll be doing.
- Work with development, design, data analytics, and product management teams to ideate solutions on the web
- Build attractive and performant front-end web applications with an attention to detail
- Develop and manage well-composed component libraries and other client side patterns
- Build new, efficient, and scalable front-end applications that will interface with public and internal APIs
- Test clients to ensure quality control, performance, and cross-device compatibility
- Work with backend teams to solve complex problems
- Proven experience as a web developer building, deploying, and maintaining websites and applications at scale
- Passion for customers and the products we build for them
- Proven experience with the following:
- ES6, HTML5, CSS3
- Content Management Systems
- Bonus for having proven experience with: Gatsby, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Ruby on Rails, Unix Systems Administration skills
- Experience with implementing, testing, and deploying web analytics libraries and events
- Familiarity with UX best practices
- Familiarity with web servers and networking
- Demonstrated ability to compose responsive web applications in a thoughtful and efficient manner
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!