Web UI Developer
Compass is looking for a talented User Interface Developer to join our New York City Creative Studio in our Marketing team. In this role you will collaborate with Design, Engineering, Product Management, and the Product Marketing teams to create beautiful, and easy to use interfaces and content across the Compass product suite.
In this role you will expand and develop the Marketing Team's technical projects to help build innovative existing and new digital designs. You are an expert in front end web technologies such as HTML and CSS and have the desire to craft unique experiences for users and in the case of Compass, our top agents. You will help build out design templates for email campaigns, bring content to life within our Marketing Center and help make our products easier to use and more delightful for thousands of the world’s best agents.
At Compass You Will:
- Create engaging, and effective technical solutions that align with the Compass mission
- Implement layouts and custom designs for various web-based applications
- Maintain the website, updating site content inside Content Management System
- Optimize performance of front-end applications, managing JS, HTML/HTML5, and CSS file structures within application to optimize page-load performance, scalability, and code maintainability
- Ensure HTML page structure is optimized for SEO, including additional metadata tags
- Create new HTML templates that will integrate well with existing code
- Develop email marketing campaign templates
- Integrate with our technologies, including our API, content management systems, etc.
- Develop code that upholds web standards, accessibility, and usability while also being fast and efficient
- Stay current on the latest in front-end development practices and technology (HTML5, CSS3, responsive web design, etc.)
- Collaborate with backend developers and creative designers to create new site features as needed, document processes, and troubleshoot/solve problems
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience with, and exemplary knowledge of, HTML/CSS
- 3+ years of experience with a robust CMS tool (Wordpress, Contentful, Drupal etc)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting cross-browser and device solutions
- Experience with React and/or Angular preferred
- Familiarity with best in class web development practices
- Knowledge of browsers, email clients and their behaviors, differences, and compatibility with experience how to code for them to create a seamless front end user experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate in technical and non-technical terms with cross-functional partners and successfully build strong partnerships with them
- Strong attention to detail to keep sites error-free
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!