Website Experience Developer at Betterment
Betterment is a smart money manager that offers cash management services, alongside their core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, they empower their hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and Tax Smart strategies that help keep taxes low across accounts. Learn more at www.betterment.com.About the Role:
Betterment’s website is the front door of users’ experience with Betterment. It tells our story, inspires prospects to take action, and enriches our customers’ journeys with useful tools and content. As part of our cross-functional Web Experience team, our new Web Experience Developer will support Betterment’s growth by being our primary website theme developer and technical template/interactive designer. This position will report to our Web Experience lead.
This is a specialized technical role responsible for leading the technical development of our website on HubSpot CMS. This role requires a vision for how to take rich visual ideas and build them into a well-operationalized website theme that enables content editors to do great work. You will help craft the future of Betterment’s most trafficked web properties, owning the technical workflow and participating in our agile web development process, along with designers and content creators.
We are hiring in all states except CO.A Day in the Life
- Own our web development workflow for HubSpot CMS, serving as the platform expert and maintainer of secure development procedures across our internal teams and external development partners.
- Be part of constructing our custom website theme from the ground up, serving as a lead technical design thinker, while augmented by agency resources.
- Build out key, flexible page templating to enable speedy iteration for the non-technical content managers and designers on the Web Experience team.
- Develop our technical approach to high-fidelity visual experiences, such as animations in Lottie, HTML5/CSS3, and video, collaborating closely with our in-house animator.
- Collaborate in installing and maintaining external website tooling, such as video players, interactive elements, JS frameworks, and analytics tooling.
- Collaborate closely with our Front-End Platform and Design System teams, aligning our publicly facing website with our web and mobile applications visually, accessibility-wise, and in overall UX.
- Guide and collaborate with an external agency that will help to augment your work, serving as both a technical lead and a platform owner.
- Become a leading development professional and feedback-giver for Webflow and HubSpot, pushing our partners at each company in R&D and new advancements in the website space.
Significant experience working in theme development on CMS solution. HubSpot and Webflow would be fantastic experiences to have, but Wordpress, Joomla, or other website solutions count too.
- A portfolio of experience executing rich animated or video-based web experiences in highly performant ways, such as Lottie, HTML5/CSS3, our other approaches. Data visualization backgrounds could be especially useful.
- Strong organizational skills when it comes to CSS management, classes, working with design systems.
- At least 2-3 years of professional work experience, especially in a web development role, such as at a web development agency.
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools like Mixpanel and Google Analytics. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- A passion for growth and seeing the results of your work come to life.
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote