Wireless Network Architect at Peloton
We are seeking a Wireless Network Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global infrastructure to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes providing High and Low Level Designs and network architecture, defining standards, evaluating products and vendors. Work with the rest of the Global Network Services team to deploy, maintain, and support our global wired and wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN. You will collaborate with the business stakeholders and other IT teams within the Enterprise Technology organization on projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to design security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Provide high and low level design and wireless network architecture for Peloton’s global projects and initiatives.
- Define and document on-prem and cloud wireless networking standards.
- Have a clear vision for the future state of Peloton’s global wireless network and global connectivity across all sites through hardware/software refresh projects and/or introducing new technologies.
- Define and document success criteria when running a Proof of Concept for new products/designs/technologies and/or vendor selection.
- Review and optimize current wireless network designs and architecture.
- Create network diagrams and documentation of the network environments.
- Work closely with the business stakeholders and various teams within Peloton to gather requirements and provide network designs according to the team standards and definitions.
- Have a clear understanding of the ongoing projects and their possible impact on the network design and architecture.
- Present HLDs to business stakeholders and other teams within Peloton.
- Present HLDs and LLDs to the Global Network Services team members.
- Work closely with the Global Network Services team to deploy, support and troubleshoot a complex global network environment.
- Review wireless network utilization reports and provide capacity planning guidance and recommendations.
- Provide performance analysis and optimization.
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access.
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and run books for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support.
- On-call 24x7 network support and escalation may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP Enterprise, CWNP etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless is a must
- 10+ years of experience in a multi-vendor network engineering, architecture, and design with 7+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 10+ years of experience with Cisco and Aruba wireless networks including hands-on experience with WLCs and Aruba Central architectures
- 5+ years of experience with Meraki wireless networks
- 8+ years of experience with designing, deploying, and supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 7+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Wi-Fi environments, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS,PSK, Bluetooth, GPRS, Roaming, Wireless Security
- 3+ years of experience designing, configuring and supporting Cisco ISE and HPE Clearpass
- 1+ years of network design and support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 1+ years of scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 3+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols and VPN technologies
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with designing, deploying and supporting SD-WAN solutions
- 1+ year of experience with *nix systems and general use
- 1+ years of experience with deploying and supporting DDI solutions
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly.
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks.
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies.
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of Cisco routers and switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless and Meraki security appliances, switches and wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management.
- Strong knowledge of change management and MOPs.
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis.
- Virtualization technologies.
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies and wireless site survey tools.
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks.
- High availability network design and technology.
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- Networking design concepts and fundamentals
- Enterprise Wi-Fi environments, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, i-PSK, Bluetooth, GPRS, Roaming, Wireless Security
- IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP)
- Switching protocols (802.1Q, RSTP, DTP, VTP, LACP, CDP, LLDP)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Tunneling Technologies (IPSec, Q-in-Q, L3VPN, MPLS, MP-BGP, GRE, DMVPN)
- Virtualization Technologies (VRF, vPC, VSS, VDC, Stackwise)
- RADIUS/TACACS+ and 802.1x
- Expertise in QoS for IP telephony over wireless networks is a big plus
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.