Field Construction Manager
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Field Construction Manager at Intersection, you will be responsible for the construction coordination of fast paced and high profile projects, which are taking place at multiple different sites all at once. You will be directly involved in making decisions, in conjunction with the Project Team, and you will be responsible for coordinating compliance in regards to the specific cost, safety, and schedule of each particular project.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee multiple general contractors in managing and coordinating all on-site construction activities for multiple sites from conception to completion
- General knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each discipline
- Drive for compliance with the schedule, while also monitoring and enforcing compliance with safety and contract requirements
- Ability to make on-site constructability design decisions, and assure you are maintaining project schedule and budget
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction contracts and manages within these terms
- Plans ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Coordination of the contractor's daily and weekly planning process; monitor their activities and provide leadership
- Monitor and report on construction productivity and schedule performance
- Adheres to safety, quality, ethical standards, lessons learned, and performance management programs in accordance with division policies, standards, guides, and contractual commitments
- Monitor all extra work authorization requests, change order process and payment requests
- Oversee the project and close out process including developing/completion of the punch list and the closing out of all necessary documentation
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience
- 3 years at level II CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level
- OSHA Training
- Knowledge of basic underground civil (trenching and small conduit installation) and structural (sidewalk foundations) which is performed in busy urban streets
- Knowledge of labor and electrical unions and construction technology
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask (prioritize, organize, schedule work) and
- Project management skills and problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.