401(k) Operations Associate at Betterment
Are you a process-driven problem solver who loves checking items off your to-do list? Do you thrive on turning inefficiencies into seamless processes? Does making complex tasks efficient and intuitive energize you? Do you seek to help scale solutions that aim to delight and empower clients?
Betterment for Business, Betterment’s 401(k) product, is seeking a detail-oriented operations associate with a passion for 401(k). This role is part of the Operations team within Betterment for Business. This team is the go-to group for 401(k) operations and compliance and are keen on iteration and efficiency. You will be joining a group of individuals that empower each other to take ownership, lead the charge to create solutions that last and who motivate others to always keep the common goal in mind. For us, that goal is providing an exceptional experience to our 401(k) clients.A Day in the Life:
- Play an integral role in the annual compliance testing season for 401(k) clients by learning the ins and outs of IRS provisions and meeting regulatory deadlines
- Review 401(k) plan documents and provide thoughtful design recommendations, and draft pre-approved plan documents
- Drive daily plan sponsor and participant-focused operations, including reviewing and processing key account transactions, assessing recordkeeping discrepancies and resolving plan sponsor or third-party administrator questions
- Collaborate with the Client Success and Servicing teams to provide a unified and delightful client experience
- Ensure adherence to current procedures and controls, and make recommendations to improve efficiency and scalability
- Use creative problem solving skills to tackle operational challenges, investigate why they happened, and collaborate with the engineering, product, and design teams to develop solutions
- Be an internal voice and champion for 401(k) processes to offer insights to Product, Design, and Engineering to help build a better product
- Experience in 401(k) retirement industry (designations e.g. DC-1), financial services or related fields
- A detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational skills
- Comfort handling multiple priorities at once and problem solving on the fly in a creative and holistic manner
- A proactive approach in reimagining existing processes to make them better
- Effective communication skills and experience working cross functionally with client facing teams or stakeholders
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency in both Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.