Accountant & Billing Specialist at Vestwell
Who are we and what are we looking for?
Vestwell is disrupting the 401k and retirement space with digitization and technology. As we continue to grow we are looking for a creative problem solver for our finance team to perform some of the most critical functions that allow Vestwell to scale. We are looking for an experienced Billing Specialist & Revenue Accountant to be responsible for all aspects of revenue and billing, revenue recognition, cost of goods sold recognition, invoice preparation, accounts receivable maintenance & oversight as well as reporting & oversight of our Financial Advisor partners.
We’re a startup so a self-starter comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever challenge is placed in front of you and you’re also willing to help those around you. Our finance team interacts and collaborates extensively with teams across sales, marketing, operations, compliance, legal, people and all other areas of Vestwell. As such, the ability to help define and implement processes for cross-team collaboration is important. Additionally, as one of the few client-facing roles on the finance team, you are someone who is proactively engaging and building rapport with our clients. We believe that every touchpoint during the client’s life cycle should be a positive and helpful experience, even when we are sending an invoice!
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Manage all billing operations that include, but not limited to, customer creation, invoice preparation, billing collections and billing inquiries
- Assist in KPI preparation, with a focus on revenue
- Manage the recognition of revenue using the guidance provided in ASC 606
- Manage the recognition of cost of goods sold
- Manage the reconciliation of revenue/billing related balance sheet accounts, such as deferred revenue, accounts receivable and advisor liability
- Manage the ongoing reporting requirements of Vestwell’s Financial Advisor partners, as well as ongoing documentation compliance for these partners
- Provide support to the financial controller for the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Additional accounting duties as necessary
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Experience with month-end, quarter-end, year-end close processes
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- 401k/retirement/benefits administration experience
- Early stage startup, FinTech, Tech, and/or Financial Services experience