Accountant I at Rhino
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As an Accountant at Rhino, you’ll join an accomplished team, helping us build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize the renting process.In this role you will:
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve underlying causes of data discrepancies
- Upload data to Rhino’s collections partner
- Review and respond to internal/external renter inquiries and collection disputes
- Validate internal and external reporting by testing the performance indicators of Rhino’s products
- Perform various ad-hoc analysis as assigned and required by the role
- Support Finance/Leadership with ad-hoc requests
- Timely turnaround to meet month end close tasks and internal reporting needs
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Performance various accounting, administrative, and other related duties as assigned and required by the role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SQL, Big Query, Python, Tableau is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills, capable of working with large amounts of data, and are comfortable analyzing large dataset
- Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, flexible, and able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.