Accountant at Casper
Casper is looking for an Accountant. This role will be responsible for various accounting close related responsibilities, including journal entries, trends and analytics, and will report to the Accounting Manager.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do: (these should be job responsibilities)
- Execute financial statement analysis and reconciliations, and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Ensure accounting and monthly journal entries for revenue and revenue gross-to-net adjustments (ex. discounts & promotions, returns, chargebacks, etc), accounts receivable, credit memos, along with operating expenses, accruals and others
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to internal and external audit inquiries
- Maintain and review payables and expenses, along with cost allocations and related agings
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- Assist in accounting research and analysis to construct memorandums and provide conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, AP, Payroll, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar environment
- A mix of public and private experience is preferred
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of SOX and financial controls
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Exposure to large ERP system (JD Edwards a plus)
- CPA preferred but not required
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace and Aaptiv
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Gifted product when you join and product discounts for friends and family!