Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to provide support to the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficiency of the department and help to compile reports, prepare, maintain and reconcile financial statements, ensure the adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities interacting with AP, AR and General Ledger functions, including support financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This role will also be responsible of building ad hoc reports and respond to inquiries from company-wide managers.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure compliance to the company guidelines, procedures and policies
- Perform the daily operations of accounts payable, project accounting, general ledger, ensures accuracy and timeliness
- Monitor and analyze all account payable transactions, processes and recommend improvements
- Monitor spending for adherence to budget, analyze variances as necessary
- Prepare cash disbursement forecast, support budget and forecasting activities
- Perform relevant reconciliations for cost accounting, project accounting, and account statement (including bank and credit card reconciliations)
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Develop 1099 tax forms and ensure compliance to regulations
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Support monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Collaborates with the other finance team members to support overall department goals and objectives
- Provide ad hoc support for technical accounting, policy, and reporting inquiries
- Support year-end audit preparation
- Provide recommendations to improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS or MS in Accounting or Finance
3+ years’ experience in financial reporting
- Experience working in software / hi-tech industry is preferred
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience; Experience with Sage Intacct accounting system is a plus
- Must have strong computer skills on MS Office
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge US GAAP accounting/financial standards
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.