The Accountant role is perfect for an individual with keen attention to detail and looking to join a rapidly growing start-up. This role will serve as a key member of the property management accounting team. One of the things that makes accounting and Great Jones unique is that it is also part of the product that we provide our customers. We manage 50,000+ transactions a month across 6,000+ properties in the U.S. The successful candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for working through a variety of accounting transactions between Great Jones, our customers, and their tenants.
- Accounts payable: process and pay invoices on behalf of property owners
- Accounts receivable: assist in obtaining payment from a property owner for maintenance and turns expenses
- Vendor management: maintain accurate information as it relates to our vendors
- Troubleshooting: tenants and property owners may have questions as it relates to invoices, bills, and statements. This role will assist in solving these questions
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a highly functioning accounting team
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Real Estate accounting and/or Property Management experience is preferable but not required
- Incredibly strong attention to detail
- You have the ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets
- Enthusiastic teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple work streams
- Actively and constantly learn on your own - we love to teach, but you’re also expected to figure out solutions and ask for help proactively
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.