Accountant at Shapeways
Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million customers. And we’re just getting started.
Why is an Accountant important to us?
As a Finance team, our goal is to provide an elevated level of service to the company, ensuring that the people who rely on us (our colleagues, our suppliers, our business partners, our leaders) have access to timely, accurate information about our business. Everything we do is geared towards making sure that the Finance department runs efficiently and that the books and records of the corporation are accurate. The department is fast, nimble, and adaptable to a growing, changing environment where new challenges present themselves on a regular basis. We are looking for a smart, hard-working, dedicated Accountant to support the finance team.
As an Accountant you will:
- Process accounts payable including, enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders, ensuring compliance
- Help with the accounts payable process and accounts receivable process
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and month-end close process
- Assist in preparation of supporting documentation for the annual audit
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 2+ years of experience working in accounting
- Organized and thorough, with fine attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, sum/ifs, and formulas that go beyond pivot tables)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress. Also, this year we piloted Summer Fridays in HQ!
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates