Accounting Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Accounting and Finance team is hiring for proactive and motivated Accounting Analysts. These individuals will enhance the accounting and control environment by diligently running month end close processes and ad-hoc improvement projects. They will report to Assistant Controllers and Senior Revenue Accountants. The opportunities of focus include Chart of Accounts and analyses, system improvements, driving enhanced processes, and high-level insight to company operations. This role offers the unique opportunity to directly impact Better’s growth trajectory by applying finance and accounting standards and enhancements to legacy systems. These are instrumental hires as the company continues to scale. In our high performance environment, these individuals will be expected to take on responsibility at a rapid pace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in month-end close by taking ownership of certain tasks
- Work with large data sets and multiple complex revenue streams to provide meaningful data to upper management to help them make key business decisions
- Provide assistance with integrations between our ERP and our internal software
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Contribute to financial and internal control audits, as well as long term accounting projects
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to business leaders and key partners for complex accounting questions
- Degree in accounting, business or finance
- 1+ years of experience in accounting firm or related field
- Adaptable to multiple and frequent changes in business environment
- Proven expertise with Excel, familiarity with SQL a plus
- Experience working with Netsuite a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Stakeholder management skills
- Willingness and eagerness to learn, with keen attention to detail
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.