About the Role
SevenRooms is looking for an Accounting Associate to assist executing the company's financial operations. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the right candidate will be a detail-oriented perfectionist to join the team. We are looking for a someone who is comfortable in a startup environment and will work with all departments to do what it takes to get the job done.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for preparation of reconciliations for the month end close
- Responsible for the accounting operational processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable and recording collections from customers
- Responsible for ensuring invoices are properly created for customers and billing is calculated and recorded according to contract terms within the billing system.
- Be the main point of contact for managing finance inquiries from customers regarding their accounts.
- Assist in reviewing and categorizing expenses and expense reimbursements for the company
- Assist in the improvements to current financial systems and implementation of new systems.
- Be part of and assist in implementing best-in-class practices to help streamline processes, leveraging systems and identifying further process automation opportunities
- Assist in ensuring company is compliant with financial reporting requirements by developing proper accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and thorough documentation in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with year-end financial statement audits and tax filings. Includes, account analysis, reconciliations, and timely responses to auditor questions and requests.
- Assist in the preparation of annual 1099s and other administrative tasks.
- Be a key liaison to other departments to support and enable reporting and distribution of data
- Other Ad Hoc and finance administrative tasks, i.e. assisting with facilities / office requests
- Eager, ready to learn and help contribute to a growing team, stay on top of things, show your work, and keep it organized and logical.
- Be able to recognize when or when not to involve management in certain decision making
- Detailed oriented and ability to independently work effectively as part of a growing team
- Motivated, positive, proactive, transparent, with a work hard-play hard attitude
- Team player with the ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Have fun and be cool
Who You Are
We’re looking for a creative candidate with excellent communications skills and the ability to roll up their sleeves and join a quickly moving, collaborative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3+ years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop concise and well-organized summaries of complex analyses, with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience and/or quick learner in working with various SaaS systems (e.g. Quickbooks, Zuora, Bill.com, Expensify, Google docs, etc.)
- CPA / Prior public auditing experience at a Big 4 Firm a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- 401k plan
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech and hospitality space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.