Accounting Associate at Policygenius
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Accounting & Finance at Policygenius...
Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you get energy from T accounts and debits/credits? Do you enjoy influencing people and having an impact on company strategy? We’re looking for a confident, attentive, and enthusiastic individual to join the Policygenius Finance team!
The Finance team is at the heart of the Company. We ensure that financial performance is accounted for and recorded and that each department has the financial data it needs to meet goals. We’re looking for someone who has strong attention to detail, a passion for accuracy, a love of problem-solving and a knack for teamwork. You will work with the Assistant Controller on the Finance team to help steer the Company’s financial success. We’re at an early (but exciting!) stage of the company’s growth. As the fifth hire on the Finance team, you will have a unique opportunity to play an integral role in scaling PG’s finance team and helping to build out critical processes from the ground up!
- A trustworthy and principled individual. You always take the high road and handle confidential information with the utmost care
- Passionate about numbers and precision. You do not compromise accuracy and understand the importance of accurate Company financials
- Able to take the wheel before being asked. You are a self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly motivated, process-driven, and meticulous by nature. You’re super-organized and constantly demonstrate great follow-through
- Willing to go the extra mile. You are hyper-aware of your surroundings with an energetic go-getter mentality and possess a “no job too big or small” attitude
- Intrinsically curious. You are a creative thinker and have an insatiable appetite for learning and growth
- Hyper-focused on quality. You don’t cut corners, even in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You maintain excellent written and communication skills. You consistently raise the bar on delivering a top-notch product
- Nimble. You are a highly productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize and are able to pivot quickly and on-the-fly
- Help maintain financial reporting to company stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work with the Assistant Controller to build out scalable processes for various financial statement areas
- Help complete our full monthly and annual close; including reconciling our accounts and preparing reports for the finance and exec team
- Maintain tracking for financial goals and reporting out on trends in expenses
- Manage vendors and corporate credit card reconciliation systems to ensure proper and timely vendor payments
- Assisting with day-to-day administration of the Company’s newly implemented ERP system in an evolving environment
- Stay current with the new ERP system’s capabilities, best practices, and upcoming releases
- Problem-solve accounting and finance issues with creative and mind-blowing solutions
- A BS degree in accounting
- A CPA, have at least passed all required exams, or in the process of taking the exams
- 1 to 2 years of experience in public accounting, audit or tax required
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and previous experience with QuickBooks or a similar system
- Competence in identifying problems and making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Impeccable attention to detail with the ability to communicate that detail to people outside of finance
- Ethical and discreet professionalism - you will be privy to sensitive employee information and you're comfortable with that
- A teamwork mindset - your team's success is your success
- A strong desire to grow your career in accounting
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!