Accounting Clerk at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage daily signings on home transactions
- Maintain AR schedule
- Complete Credit Forms requested from potential vendors
- Provide support to accounting team during month close
- Provide support for annual audit request
- Assist with accounts payable process
- Assist with setting up weekly vendor payments
- Assist with ad-hoc projects on a needed basis
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in high volume environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Incredible attention to detail, organizational skills and problem-solving skills - able to juggle and multi-task, with an acute attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong work ethic - always proactive and exhibit positivity, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment.
- Google suite familiarity.
- Experience with Concur & Quickbooks a plus.