Accounting Manager, Connected Fitness Revenue at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated individual to join our growing Accounting and Finance team at Peloton as our Connected Fitness Revenue Manager. This position will be a key member of our Accounting Team and be a critical partner with our Financial Systems, International Accounting, Supply Chain, FP&A, Tax and other teams. The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing time efficient month-end close processes as well as managing the continued growth of our connected fitness products and continuing to build out robust internal controls.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they partner across the organization and has a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. The candidate is an exceptional mentor, teammate and leader who is able to guide their team while exceeding goals in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Connected Fitness at Peloton's HQ in New York with a dotted line to the International Controller at Peloton’s London HQ. The manager will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Manager may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Oversee and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting related to all connected fitness sales and products, as well as the design, implementation and execution of scalable and effective systems and processes that create an efficient close.
- Partner closely with the supply chain department & inventory accounting team to manage financial close dependencies as well as various accounting projects
- Manage the connected fitness revenue monthly close process including the review of journal entries, reconciliation of complex balance sheet accounts and preparation of reserve models, and other related transactions.
- Oversee the preparation and review of monthly analytics vs forecast plan, prior periods and budget for all connected fitness line items while teaming up with COGS to prepare Gross Margin Analytics on Connected Fitness and partner with FP&A in bridging variances
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with the ERP Teams to develop processes to prevent as well as troubleshoot system errors / improvements that would affect close
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities
- Designing and implementing effective analyses of Connected Fitness revenue, discounts, returns, incentives and the related reserves and presenting the information to Accounting and Finance leadership.
- Maintains expertise associated with ASC 606 revenue accounting and supply chain accounting and cross sharing of this knowledge.
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth and innovation mindset and work to build a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, quarterly reviews, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Partner with technical accounting team to update and maintain internal control policies and procedures surrounding connected fitness revenue and focus on enhancing workpaper documentation prepared by team to align with SOX compliance
- Partner with the International Accounting Team to ensure consistency across revenue processes for connected fitness products in all subsidiaries
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 7+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies, with 2+ years of revenue accounting experience.
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding ASC 606 Revenue and Supply Chain Revenue
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence
- Must possess knowledge and experience regarding the effective financial system design (order to cash management) and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Through prior experience, recommend and implement process improvements for the overall team and drive consistency and standardization to process and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities while managing and mentoring multiple team members
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.