Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting at Casper
Casper is looking for an Accounting Manager who will be a critical part of the Finance department and will report into the Assistant Controller.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do: (these should be job responsibilities)
- Prepare financial statements and related footnotes under GAAP guidelines, inclusive of quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) SEC reporting requirement.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules and responding to audit inquiries
- Assist in technical accounting research and documentation
- Prepare balance sheet analyses and reconciliations to support amounts
- Contribute to the month-end accounting close process
- Oversee month-end close processes related to inventory and costing
- Ensure the correct accounting for stock based compensation and equity transactions
- Support SOX program. Ensure controls standards are maintained and improved upon.
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Adhoc projects as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller
- A BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 6-9 years of accounting experience, including experience with standard costing
- Experience across public and private accounting is preferred
- Understanding of SEC regulations and requirements
- Experience managing or mentoring team members
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls (SOX) and GAAP
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace and Aaptiv
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Gifted product when you join and product discounts for friends and family!