Who is MANTL?
MANTL is tackling the biggest challenge limiting the modernization of the U.S. banking system: legacy infrastructure. MANTL’s software transforms the cost structures of banks and credit unions – empowering growth that’s up to 78% faster and 4x more efficient. It’s white-labeled account opening platform enables people to open deposit accounts on any device in roughly 2 minutes and 37 seconds. MANTL began as a challenger bank when an aha moment inspired the founders to pivot from competing to partnering with banks to deploy its technology at scale.
MANTL helps community institutions raise billions of dollars in core deposits each year and is up to 10x more cost-effective than building a brick-and-mortar branch.
Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We're a group of passionate technologists that support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team. MANTL was proud to be named as one of Crain's 100 Best Places To Work in 2020.
About The Role:
MANTL is looking for an Accounting Manager Lead to join our growing team and own all aspects of the accounting function behind a successful software company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join early and help build the accounting function from the ground up. As MANTL’s first in-house Accounting hire, you will have the unique opportunity to directly impact MANTL's accounting and treasury standards and implement enhancements to our processes and systems.
You’re a licensed CPA and know your accounting principles cold. You have public and private accounting experience and ideally have been through an audit or a few. You are passionate about accounting, GL discipline, improving financial performance visibility and process creation from the ground up. You are eager to make an impact and implement new systems and tools with an eye toward automation.
This position will be reporting into our Finance Lead, work closely with our Co-Founder and COO/CFO and be an essential part of the Finance Team within MANTL.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee day-to-day accounting function including A/P, A/R, GL and bank account reconciliation
- Own MANTL’s accounting standards and processes by maintaining financial records, designing and implementing internal controls and policies that align with accepted accounting principles
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Build and document appropriate processes and controls
- Own general ledger structure and maintain integrity of financial records
- Help with MANTL's software transition from accounting in QuickBooks to an ERP system, providing expertise along the way
- Drive the monthly and annual financial close, including account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records and files
- Analyze contracts for appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606
- Prepare financial statements
- Support reporting, budget and forecasting activities
- Prepare MANTL for a full year audit. Coordinate annual audits as needed
- Implement systems, tools, and infrastructure with a bias towards automation
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a high-performing accounting team that takes a collaborative approach to produce exceptional results
- Assist with ad-hoc projects with internal and external stakeholders, as needed
- 5-7 years of accounting and finance operations experience preferably at a high-growth technology company. 3+ years in Big 4 preferred. CPA or on track
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement presentation
- Prior experience with SaaS business model preferred
- Strong proficiency in revenue recognition and ASC 606
- Prior experience with ERP’s such as Netsuite or Sage Intacct a plus
- Audit / assurance experience from a leading public accounting firm
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A bias toward action and solving problems, not just issue spotting
- The ability to take ownership over your work and manage projects independently
- Collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills
- An adaptable mindset and innate curiosity
- Passion for financial services / financial technology
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience with Quickbooks
What You'll Like About Us:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We offer a unique employee experience based on the values of transparency, accountability and collaboration, and are deeply proud of our culture.
MANTL offers competitive compensation packages, unlimited vacation, fully covered health insurance, creative and fun team-building events, mental health programs and more. We strive to show we truly care about our employees happiness and engagement.