Accounting Manager, OpEx at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Accounting Manager, OpEx for our NY or LA office location (we are currently in the WFH through at least August 2021). Reporting to our Sr. Manager, Accounting, you will be responsible for the oversight of the opex and accounts payable team members, support of the monthly, quarterly & year end close processes for multiple subsidiaries both domestic and international, adherence and improvements to internal controls, and ad hoc tasks.
As a member of a growing and fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, an analytical mindset, and autonomy are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail is paramount along with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
You will be based in our NY or LA office and will report to the Sr. Manager, Accounting.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiate corrective action
- Achieve operational objectives by resolving problems, supporting audits, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Continue to develop and establish necessary efficiencies for collecting, analyzing and reporting of financial information
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to improve accuracy and timelines for key inputs and provide recommendations to operational issues based on accounting guidance
- Support and oversight for the OpEx and Accounts Payable ongoing functions
- Understand, analyze and interpret for exposure areas in deferred rent, capitalized software, accounts payable, payroll reporting, etc.for reconciliation purposes
- Assemble and provide support for ongoing workpaper creation, updates, and roll forwards.
- Ability to manipulate and interpret large amounts of data
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing and understanding policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate financial confidentiality
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, and providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years experience in accounting with a strong understanding of US GAAP
- 2 years solid management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- CPA a plus
- Proficiency in NetSuite
- Proficiency in Concur
- Knowledge in Production Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) and suite of programs
- Ability to effectively delegate and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively amongst the team
- Confidence in reporting of results
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.