Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
As Sealed’s Accounting Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Accounting and Reporting and will support our financial operations as we expand across the country and grow our revenue 10x over the next few years.
Specifically, you will:
- Support in all matters of accounting functions, including, but not limited to revenue recognition, credit card reconciliation, prepaids, and recording of payroll
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage month end process and validate the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Support senior finance team in the coordination and execution of the annual audit, and assist with tax matters
What success looks like
Your areas of ownership are executed accurately, on time, and with strong attention to detail.
Sealed’s accounting, financial operations, and reporting functions become increasingly streamlined and efficient to support expected 10x growth.
- 4+ years experience with at least 2+ years in a high-growth, early and/or mid-stage organization
- Hands on experience with most of the following components of the monthly financial close process and interest in executing these functions at Sealed:
- revenue (and associated cost) recognition
- cash reconciliation
- accounts receivable
- prepaid expenses
- accounts payable
- accrued liabilities
- Experience coordinating with external auditors
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Netsuite
Nice to have
- Experience with a modern fintech stack that supports continuous close and automated financial reporting
- Experience in a multi-entity company with one or more special purpose entities used for project financing purposes
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US