Accounting Manager at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 6.5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
As Accounting Manager, you’ll oversee the development of 2+ team members, own the core accounting processes for the company and work directly for the Corporate Controller on key business projects. By focusing on our team’s accounting infrastructure and partnering with the FP&A team as well as key business units across the organization, you’ll make sure the department is equipped to scale and provide expertise and guidance to support CLEAR’s growth strategy. Do you have a proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment? Are you up to improve our ever-evolving business processes, financial reporting, systems, and controls through innovative solutions and automation? Great—we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Oversee and manage our core Accounting team in general accounting, financial operations and systems, and more
- Manage and improve the monthly financial closing process
- Establish, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives
- Manage the external audit processes for annual financial statement audits
- Maintain chart of accounts, departments, and locations to support financial reporting to meet the needs of CLEAR’s management
- Develop and implement strategies to improve accounting processes for capitalization of equipment and software development and accounting system configurations
- Evaluate and optimize the performance of accounting and related systems
Who You Are:
- Backed by 5+ years of professional experience in accounting, including experience in a management role
- Experience in design and implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- CPA license
- Strong, comprehensive understanding of US GAAP
- A strong leader able to develop reports, motivate teams, collaborate across departments, work closely with management, and take initiative
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally, when working with internal and external teams
- An expert in multi-tasking when it comes to managing several high-priority projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and analytical—you produce high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines