About the Company
CAMP is a family experience store. Built to engage and inspire families, CAMP combines play and product throughout its stores to create enriching and fun experiences for all. Each CAMP location includes: a canteen (our general store), a café, an interactive space for play and shopping, and a theatre for activities and programming for kids and families of all ages.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting function. You will report to our CFO and be a member of CAMP’s finance team. You will work on CAMP’s Store Support (Corporate) team based in NYC.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing CAMP’s financial systems in particular ERP (NetSuite).
- Optimizing financial processes, including accounting period close, ad hoc reporting, accounts payable, vendor setup and more.
- Overseeing month-end and year-end close and timely generation of accurate financial statements.
- Managing tax compliance and filings, including sales tax and state and federal income tax.
- Developing best practice processes and procedures and maintaining accounting policies and controls.
- Managing financial reporting to management and external parties.
- Managing financial audits.
What is required?
- 5+ years related accounting experience
- 2+ years experience at a big four accounting firm
- You have deep experience with ERP systems (NetSuite preferred) and other accounting applications for expense reimbursement, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- You are a self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility.
- You are extremely detail oriented, diligent and thorough.
- You are a confident, self manager, self learner and can run autonomously without much direction.
- You speak up when you see threats to the business and are not afraid to disagree and manage up to executives.
- You are passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers.
- You have the desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- You hold yourself and your team to high standards.
- Start-up and high-growth company experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Retail and / or consumer products experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter.
- Address your cover letter to me, Nikki, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!