JW Player is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team in our New York City Headquarters. This role will be responsible for all facets of accounts payable, overseeing accounts receivable, and playing an integral role in creating, refining, and implementing accounting processes. This role is responsible for preparing the consolidated Financial Statements. This includes managing the company’s working capital as well as performing a detailed financial analysis.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy and ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to influence and gain experience in the dynamic and booming video streaming space.
In this role you will:
- Fully own the accounts payable function which includes entering invoices, coding, processing weekly check runs, and creating & maintaining reconciliations
- Maintain all ledger accounts and book transactions to our general ledger
- Prepare revenue and expense accruals for month-end close
- Perform expense and revenue analysis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Administration of our T&E expense reimbursement system
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Assess our current AP and AR processes for improvements. Proactively execute any changes required
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience owning the in-house Accounts Payable function at a Media, Tech or rapidly growing company
- 2+ years experience with Revenue Recognition at a Software as a Service (SaaS) revenue model preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally, and work autonomously in a hyper-growth company
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Experience at a Pre-IPO or Public Company
- 2+ years experience managing a team of Accountants
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.