Accounting Manager at Knotel
Knotel is looking for an Accounting Manager to play a key role in building a scalable infrastructure with strong internal controls. This is a full-time role reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and will oversee consultants, building an internal team over time. S/he will work cross-departmentally to develop good habits within the team and globally across the company for an accurate and timely month end close.
Successful members of the Knotel team are positive, solutions-oriented, curious and tenacious problem-solvers. Speed bumps are seen as opportunities to showcase one's skill. As a fast-growing startup, the ability to create and adhere to scalable processes with strong controls and juggle multiple priorities is a must. Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
A cover letter is required to be submitted with your application.
Supervisory & Collaborative:
- Mentor and develop team and ensure adequate cross-training and documentation
- Partner with colleagues across the company and within the team to implement and integrate new and optimize existing systems
- Provide requests for internal and external audits as well as annual tax filings
- Ensure accurate 1099 processing and reporting
- Ensure month end close deadlines are met, focusing on account reconciliations for Prepaids, T&E, Other Assets, Payroll & Benefits and Notes payable
- P&L analytics for Operating, General & Administrative expenses
- Approve journal entries timely and ensure data input is complete and accurate (e.g. valid floor/location combination, service period, etc)
- Responsible for continuing to support the growth of the company with business process improvements and compliance with critical internal controls
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures and controls policy manuals
- Develop reporting; proactively providing value-added analysis and metrics
The Ideal Candidate
- 6-10 years related experience, with at least 2 years of proven success managing a small team
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.) and strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting best practices
- A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop people as well as drive process improvement is an advantage
- Ability to recognize risks to the expected quality or timeliness of deliverables and ability to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves get into the details when required
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts/strategies into clear story for both internal and external constituents
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.