Latch is seeking an Accounting Manager to join the finance team. This cross-functional role blends accounting, finance and operations and interfaces with all departments. You will develop a deep understanding of the organization while creating robust financial processes as we continue to scale. You will be key to lead financial analyses and inform critical business decisions. You will ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting of revenues and costs and advise on the accounting impact of agreement terms, optimize processes for efficient and accurate data flow, and record and report all financial data.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change at an exciting growing environment. You are high energy and take pride in your craft. You embrace responsibility, have a strong background in accounting, and have the ability to analytically solve complex problems. You love to learn, build things from scratch and create efficient processes. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You are an extraordinary listener, communicator and teammate.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams including Sales, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and HR on various initiatives impacting the financial reporting of the company
- Manage 1-2 accounting professionals and manage a tight month-end close process
- Review monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations process for revenue, AR, deferred revenue, inventory, cost of goods sold, AP and other areas as assigned, ensuring there is proper supporting documentation
- Prepare and review materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Identify risks, implement controls, and maintain proper process documentation
- Own the sales tax reporting process and assist with all tax related matters
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as periodic internal audits
- Improve and document general processes and accounting policies in accordance with GAAP
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting
- 5+ years of experience as an accounting professional
- 2+ years managing a team
- CPA License
- Big 4 firm experience
- Fortune 500, private, and/or startup company experience
- Experience in managing a strong month-end close process
- Experience in operating systems including NetSuite
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.)
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive person who can multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who is flexible, eager, and willing to build from the ground up
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.