Accounting Manager at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
This Accounting Manager requires an experienced CPA capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for the general accounting and revenue recognition. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving, as well as possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls in general accounting that will enhance the accounting and overall finance function. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Accounting.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the day to day and period close process for General Accounting areas, including but not limited to, Cash, Prepaids, Deferred rent, Accrued Expenses, Compensation and Intercompany.
- Ensure monthly close deliverables related to Revenue Recognition are completed accurately and timely.
- Perform and/or review journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting analysis as part of the month-end close process.
- Review customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition under ASC 606, as necessary.
- Identify and implement improvements to the existing accrual process in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and improve efficiencies.
- Review payroll for the US and international entities, working with the Payroll Specialist and People team colleagues to ensure payroll is complete and accurate.
- Prepare and analyze account variance review on a monthly and quarterly basis within defined thresholds for applicable P&L and balance sheet accounts.
- Manage international entities financial reporting package import and perform transfer pricing calculations.
- Work with colleagues on the Finance team and in other departments to ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place and operating effectively as it relates to general accounting, revenue recognition and other customer related matters.
- Assist in fulfilling audit, tax and budgeting requirements as needed.
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting and finance projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with experience preferably with public/private mix
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership, show initiative and provide structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!