Accounting Manager at Galileo
Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all—including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Head of Finance, Galileo’s Accountant will work closely with many other departments and teams to ensure complete and accurate reporting. This is a rare opportunity that offers a lot of career progression and high visibility into many areas of accounting and finance Specifically, you will:
- Assist with the month-end close process
- Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for management and investors
- Assist in the budget and forecasting process including variance analysis
- Work with other team members to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and accounting processes
Who You Are
Were looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting
- Experience with Quickbooks and Excel or Google Sheets preferred
- Desire to make a difference and be a part of something meaningful
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences—including, but not limited to—gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.