Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless API-based platform from which to offer product insurance to their customers. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about building ecommerce products that take a customer-first approach. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
We are rapidly growing and looking for an Accounting Manager. As Mulberry’s second finance hire, you’ll play an instrumental role in helping us become the defacto source for assurance on online purchases through generating accurate financial data and building robust financial processes. You will have a high degree of visibility in the entire finance function and hence the opportunity to build a diverse set of experiences for your career. You will assist in key aspects of accounting operations, budgeting and financial analysis. You will have lots of opportunities to grow quickly within our growing company, demonstrating your past experience and building out valuable new skill-sets.
You believe in the transformative power of technology and are excited by its potential to build trust and a top notch customer experience in the insurance industry. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have a strong background in accounting, high attention to detail, and the ability to analytically solve complex problems. You love to learn new things, build things from scratch and make processes more efficient. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You take pride in your craft.
About the role:
This cross-functional role interfaces with Insurance Operations, Engineering, Partner Success and Sales. The role will assist with multiple areas of our finance operations including cost accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, FP&A, and software implementation. You will be key to generating accurate historical financial data that inform critical business recommendations.
You will initially be working with our external accounting team to own:
- Month-end close
- Senior management reporting Budget to actual reporting
- Customer collections and accounts payable
- Audit preparation
- Tax and regulatory compliance
- Investor and board reporting
- Software implementation
What We're Seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally with a concentration in accounting
- CPA or currently enrolled to obtain your CPA
- 4+ years of accounting experience, ideally in the technology industry or a public accounting firm
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills with a highly analytical mindset, and experience delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior executives
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, own complex projects, and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of insurance industry and accounting standards is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- EquityFull benefits, including 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!
Read Full Job Description