Accounting Operations Associate at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As an Accounting Operations Associate, you’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring timely payments to vendors, while maintaining accurate records and control procedures, as well as ensuring that employee expense reports comply with our corporate policy.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Autonomous, urgent, and creative. You genuinely love planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with our month-end-close, in addition to organizational goals
- Highly focused on verifying and reconciling information
- The kind of person who maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way 2021 is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Full ownership of our accounts payable process, which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining vendor information, reviewing invoices and processing vendor payments
- Overseeing T&E, ensuring that all expense reports adhere to our policy
- Managing our corporate credit card program, including access and physical cards
- Maintaining all activities related to Zocdoc’s payables, including vendor file maintenance, aging reports and payment processing
- Verifying invoices, requisitions and purchase orders for goods and services
- Maintaining our Coupa user database
- Building and fostering relationships with fellow Zocdoc’rs by responding to their inquiries and ensuring timely submissions for both AP and T&E
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Meaningful (2+ years) of Accounting experience
- A knowledge of basic accounting systems and practices
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with exceptional attention to detail
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- Proficient in Excel; experience with Netsuite and Coupa preferred
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.