Accounting Operations Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
We’re looking for an Accounting Operations Manager with a proven track record in implementing controls and building out new systems. You will be hands-on in leading cross-functional efforts to bring about change and efficiencies in Finance and Payroll Operations functions. You will think strategically and tactically about current processes, along with implementing new technologies to scale Finance operations for a rapidly growing business while applying internal control best practices. You will also be preparing and presenting financial reports to stakeholders and will help management make financial decisions.What you’ll do
- Develop a keen understanding of our proprietary payment/payment system and act as the subject matter expert as the Corporate Finance representative
- Collaborate with the Payroll Tax Unit and Internal Audit to build and document controls related to cash movements between multiple financial institutions, identify improvements and/or propose new processes
- Ensure payroll and payroll tax liabilities are accounted for in accordance with GAAP.
- Approve, supervise and review company-wide payments and cash flows across multiple financial institutions
- Evaluate the current structure of the movement of cash across multiple financial institutions
- Perform daily cash reconciliation of cash receipts and payments for payroll and payroll taxes, and holding accounts for upcoming payrolls
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of state unemployment insurance collections and payments
- Liaison with Payroll Tax Unit to communicate Finance needs and assist with their needs
- Provide management with reporting on daily payroll and payroll tax cash position
- Minimum 5+ years of audit and accounting experience; Big 4 and CPA preferred
- Candidates with experience in internal controls, process improvement, and automation are highly encouraged to apply
- Proficient in using MS Office suite. Netsuite and SQL a plus
- Ability to multitask, think creatively and critically, and be detail oriented
- You are a self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Interest in learning new systems and how they integrate with other platforms, along with having a meaningful voice for implementing changes to existing processes
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment