Accounts Payable Accountant at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.We are seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant with a positive attitude to play an integral role in the accounts payable process and assist with the month end close.The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for the day-to-day invoice processing of our Accounts Payable functions for both domestic and international entities.
- Coordinating vendor management and liaison for Accounts Payable related inquiries both externally and internally.
- Reviewing all vendor invoices and ensuring the proper classification of these invoices to the appropriate general ledger and department codes as well as completing the invoice match portion of our 3-way match process.
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s credit card process by ensuring corporate credit card expense reports are processed and submitted timely and accurately in accordance with the company's policy.
- Setting up weekly payments through our banking solution, and ensuring all payments are logged and finalized in the banking and accounting system.
- Assisting the Manager, Accounts Payable with the month-end close activities.
- Assisting in ad hoc projects, audits and analysis, as needed.
- Experience in Accounts Payable is required.
- Detail-oriented and organized, high level of accuracy, strong work ethic and ownership of tasks required.
- Excellent communication skills and working knowledge of MS office.
- Experience with Accounts Payable related tools, as well as ERP solutions such as SAP 4/Hana, Oracle or similar systems, is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!