Accounts Payable Analyst at Flatiron Health
Based in New York City
We're looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
In this role, you’ll work with the Finance team which is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with IFRS and working with cross functional teams to manage financial risks and make our goals achievable. The role of the Accounts Payable Analyst involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. The role will be responsible for completing plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices through our Coupa and Banking platforms. We work in a fast-paced environment with complex and unique operational challenges. In order to meet these challenges, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the AP Analyst will work closely with the Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager to manage the AP function, including the monthly financial close, reporting, bank & AP reconciliations, and implementation of internal controls and process improvement.What You'll Do
- Pay vendors by scheduling pay runs and ensuring payment is received for outstanding invoices; generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Work with various teams throughout the organization to ensure vendor invoices are received and approved timely
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Support the set-up and ongoing operations of several foreign entities
- Continue to improve the payment process and act as a resource for the procure-to-pay function within the Organization
- Support the T&E expense report review and approval process to ensure employee submissions are in accordance with the Company’s T&E policy, including all communications for report rejections and expense inquiries
- Support the administration of our corporate and purchasing card programs
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal processes and controls.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly AP reporting packages
- Assist in the on-boarding and maintenance of vendor information in Coupa and overall procurement operations
- Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis, special projects and systems enhancements as assigned
You're an accountant/AP Analyst with 2+ years of experience performing account payable operations. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in public or private accounting
- You have experience with the accounts payable function
- You are a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- You have a Proven ability to build rapport and trust with stakeholders of all levels
- You have a desire to learn and develop your skill set to take on more responsibility
- You have Netsuite experience
- You have Coupa experience
- You have Concur expense reporting experience
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.