Peloton is looking for an Accounts Payable Associate on a Contract basis. The Accounts Payable Associate provides financial, administrative and clerical support to members of the Finance Department. By processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, the Associate assures payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
***Please note, this is a contract position.****
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for advances; preparing checks
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- 1-3 years Accounts Payable experience (with focus in AP Inventory is preferred).
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.