Accounts Payable Associate at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The preferred Accounts Payable Associate candidate has a creative problem-solving mindset, has experience communicating with vendors, is comfortable managing large data sets, and has strong attention to detail. They will work cross-functionally across all departments with the primary objective of building a scalable procure to pay process. Successful candidates will be able to leverage data to drive insights, provide strategic recommendations, and guide the charge on execution and change management. Projects and deliverables range from building a scalable reporting infrastructure, monitoring vendor balances and communications, and assisting in SOX implementation.
- Develop solid understanding of business processes impacting vendor payments for inventory and general AP
- Monitor Accounts Payable inbound mailbox daily and respond timely to vendor and internal inquiries
- Research vendor payment issues, including status of payment, internal approvals, and other relevant information, to be able to determine and communicate an accurate payment information
- Assist the Senior Accountant in prioritization and assignment of inbound invoices; escalate urgent issues as appropriate.
- Build relationships across the company and act as a business partner on Accounts Payable matters and inquiries.
- Process T&E transactions and address any issues that come up.
- Address vendor and internal requests with urgency and accuracy.
- Assist AP team with the organization and electronic filing of invoices.
- Support AP team with a variety of administrative duties, as needed.
- Participate in ad hoc projects, as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is highly preferred.
- Required to be located in New York City
- 5 years of corporate experience is highly preferred.
- SOX experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have experience working with Purchase Orders and have familiarity with P2P transaction cycle.
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Willing to help the broader teams with various projects and requests, as needed
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice