Accounts Payable Clerk at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:36 a.m. (EST) on Monday, February 22, 2021
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will assist our accounting department with timely processing of invoices, auditing of expense reports, processing of purchase orders and reconciliation of subledger accounts. You will report to the AP and Billing Manager and will support the department by providing accounting and clerical support to accounting department personnel. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills through maintaining vendor and customer relationships, attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to analyze accounting data. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company.
What You Will Do:
- Timely process invoices and proper coding of expenses in the GL
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Assists with payment of vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Maintaining accurate records of all vendor accounts
- Expense report auditing ensuring compliance with the Travel and Expense policy
- Weekly preparation of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable aging reports
- Cash application of Accounts Receivable invoices
- AR collections duties including following up with customers on past due payments Create purchase orders and assist with purchasing duties (ordering items, etc)
- Cash flow forecasting (maintenance of sources and uses cash flow on 13 week rolling basis)
- Assist with year end 1099 processing
- Other duties as assigned by the AP and Billing Manager as required
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of experienceKnowledge of Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify and Tipalti a plus
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word) required
- Promoting, maintaining and enhancing our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Exhibiting a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description